jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Keeping the Apache-BSF site (and downloads) really up-to-date ?
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:16:54 GMT
Hi Sanjiva,

>Basically .. let's get a beta ready of the BSF 2.3 family and then put
>it out. There's a process - need to get approval from the PMC but they
>don't usually second guess the committers and go thru the release
>process.
>
>Someone needs to become release manager and write a release plan
>(basically an email listing what we intend to release and when etc.
>etc.). We vote on it and then we do the approval stuff.
>
>Are you able to run the process? I will help as u need it!

Well, am at the step to take off for three weeks (going NYC, yeah!).
Also, I am absolutely clueless at the moment about the right procedural
steps in the realm of the Apache foundation one has to take; obviously,
I do not want to harm/hurt any cultural habits.

What about Victor Orlikowski? My impression has been that he has been
the main "maintainer" of BSF here at Apache. He is also active in the
JCP JSR-223 group and brings in his expertise. Obviously, he seems to be
overworked (but then, everyone else, I guess is as well).

I think it is important to get BSF as GA out the door (Victor had a few
plans, e.g. to remove the debugging interface, which did not work out as
expected, and maybe some other things) and automate the updating.

So Victor, if you read this, could you please help us assess what you
could do/help in this project at the moment?

Regards,

---rony