jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Planned changes on 'EngineUtils.java'
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:25:35 GMT
Hi there,

there are two problems with 'EngineUtils.java':

   1. the Accessible-functionality is not available on Java 1.1.8 (I
      know, *very* old, yet still people use it): for that reason there
      is a static method which tests for the availability of that
      method, which then later is used for determining how to invoke a
      method;
   2. there are two kind of bugs: if the boxed primitive datatypes do
      not yield a matching signature, then the types are "unboxed", but
      the tests for Integer, Long are missing; the other error has to do
      with not checking for the boxed datatype Character, such that
      "char" are not accounted for in signatures.

In any case # 2 should get applied and commited (plain bug fixes).

Still, what about # 1: it really is only necessary for supporting Java
1.1. It would be great though, if we did support all Java versions as
long as possible, at least with BSF 2.0 (= Apache BSF).

What do you think?

If I do not hear anything by Saturday, I would apply the changes and
commit them.

Regards,

---rony