jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexander Smirnoff" <alex...@sympatico.ca>
Subject BSF plugin in Eclipse - input needed
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:28:24 GMT
Hi:

I'm trying to implement a BSF plugin to run in Eclipse. The main goal is to
run supported scripts in IDE, run, debug and edit the sources, provide
comprehensive script console and share objects with BSF runtime through
plugin extension.

Analyzing the idea, eventually I came to the next dilemma:

Script can be running in separate thread or it can be running in separate
process. The first one provide more flexibility to share framework resources
with BSF, but it becomes hard to resolve standard I/O that can be used also
by other resources in Eclipse. The second is less flexible in sharing
resources, but creates standard I/O for the script run and provide very
flexible and handy "Launch" framework from Eclipse.

Anybody interested? Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Alex.