jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: re-organizing the BSF source tree
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:44:25 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com> writes:
>

>>BSF could, and probably should, be used to implement the language
>>

>attribute.
>
>We did that internally for our JSP compiler back in '99. I thought
>that got contributed to Jasper, but I could be wrong.
>
>If it hasn't then definitely that's a worthwhile thing to do IMHO
>as it allows any BSF language to be used to write a JSP.
>
>Does anyone know for sure whether Jasper uses it or not?

Jasper does not use it and I really don't think using BSF in this role
(as a way to script enable JSPs) is the 'right thing to do'. First major
problem is abysmal performance. Second major problem is with debugging.
The second problem can probably be solved(?). I don't see how the first
problem can be solved.

Bill