jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [Bsf-discussion] does this flurry of activity
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:28:06 GMT
Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>The project is pretty dead (or very drousy) in Apache too. It really
>needs more bloody and energy infusement .. if you can provide some
>it would be great.

Hmm, not sure, except for one thing: if you and Victor and all the other
original BSF developers are active in the BSF discussion groups, then
the impression that it might be dead is not possible. Therefore I am
very happy that a) Victor is back and gets back to messages of
newcomers/developers who seek further information and b) that you - one
of the most influential BSF developers (I assume at least) - are posting.

---

About "death": among other things, there is a student at the University
of Augsburg, Germany, who has been working on the task of using BSF in
order to allow any of the BSF supported scripting languages to be used
in the context of DOM/DHTML-scripting. Or with other words: allow
DOM/DHTML scripting for *any* BSF supported language on practically any
browser on any operating system (he tested Mozilla/Netscape on Linux and
Windows, as well as MS InternetExplorer on Windows and will test Opera).
[It is still beyond my mind why the browser creators only supported
JavaScript, except for Microsoft which extended scripting support to any
WSH-scripting language.]

Regards,

---rony

P.S.: W.r.t. performance issues: so far (given the ever increasing
HW-resources) I have not hit real performance problems.