jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Bukanov <i...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Strange Classpath issue.
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 14:37:13 GMT
Jiger Patel wrote:

> 1. When and who will update the Javascript BSF engine to the latest
> Rhino releases (Rhino 1.5R4.1) or it is already done in the CVS.

It is already in CVS.

> if so
> when is the next BSF release expected?

No info

> 2. How can I further optimze the below chunk of code.

This operation is cheap and it should be nothing compared with calling
any script evaluation even with SecurityManager installed.

> That is, instead
> of setting the CL for every execution, what are the other ways I could
> follow to say set the CL only once and never set-unset it.

I suggest to always use set/restore since in this way classloader would
not stuck in memory and will be subject to garbage collection. It may
not matter in your particular case since that loader is permanently
referenced by your application, but it is just a good practice to follow.

>Would it
> affect the classes of the IDE or other plugins.

If they use the loader.

Regards, Igor