jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <...@dulug.duke.edu>
Subject Re: process for incorporating languages to BSF
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:53:47 GMT
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:56:30AM -0400, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> So what, if anything, would need to change in BSF to enable clean debug
> support?

Umm...unclear.

If debugging an engine via interpreted mode, an API needs to be
provided to access the debugging functions of the engine.

If we are thinking of debugging the generated bytecode, nothing
needs to happen in BSF proper, but a postprocessor needs to be
created that modifies the bytecode LineNumberTable and SourceFile
attributes to match the original script source (and, if we're
talking about Jasper, allows the bytecode to be used/integrated
into the generated servlet).

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com