jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <...@dulug.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Public availability of the global scope variable
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:44:24 GMT
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:04:35AM -0500, Ivan Eisen wrote:
> I have and application where Rhino JavaScript routines are executed
> repeatedly.   I have compiled them and cached the executable;  however,  I
> had to modify the com\ibm\bsf\engines\javascript\JavaScriptEngine.java
> routine to get  the private variable Scriptable global.  I need a way to
> get the global scope so that I can get to declared beans that in our
> JavaScript routines.   Are you planning to make the global scope variable
> available in a future release?  If so when is that release scheduled.

Apologies again for the late reply, Ivan.

It had not been the intent to provide access to the global scope
via the Scriptable variable global.
I am curious as to why you need access to this variable; since you
have declared the beans to BSF, and modified them via Javascript,
you should still be able to access them via the calling Java code.

I'm afraid I need a little more information, to understand your
requirements.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com