jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using BSF to implement JSP language attribute (was: re-organizing the BSF source tree)
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:48:26 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com> writes:
> I welcome some good hearty discussion on this topic.  Chuck and Victor
> have convinced me that BSF is just not the right solution for script
> enabling JSP's but they might be making some faulty assumptions.

I would like to learn why its not the right way too .. I don't
see how one could impl it generally without something like BSF.

Matt Duftler first integrated BSF to the WebSphere JSP compiler in
March '99 in about 4 hours .. we even had XSLT integrated. It
worked pretty fine. Of course performance was not anywhere close
to Java and there was no debug story, but it definitely worked
fine.

Chuck/Victor?

Sanjiva.