jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jiger Patel" <jiger_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: Setting classpath/classloader does not work in BSF.
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:24:49 GMT
Hi BSF Developers,
                 I had written the below mail to the users list but got no
reply. Hope I get some help from you guys atleast.
  Basically I am writting a scriting interface to an Open Source IDE. Where
in the user selects the scripting engine of his choice & writes scripts or
evals expressions, etc. Now users can import Java classes too in their
scripts(obviously). Now these classes/jars are in the same directory where
the my scripting plugin loads from & is loaded by the same classloader who
loads the plugin. But for some reason, except beanshell, no other(I tried
javascript,jython) scripting engine seem to be able to find the
packages/classes. I even tried setting classloader & explicitly set the
classpath to bsf.jar, BEFORE invoking any engines, yet except beanshell,
none of the scripting engines can find org.apache.bsf.
   My question is is there a CVS version or soon to be released that
contains scripting engine classes that actually override the set
classpath/classloader methods in *EngineImpl of each engines & invoke
respective setClasspath methods on their interpreters. for e.g jython would
call inter.addJar(classPathOrTokenizedPaths) and so on. OR in their
respective constructors would addJars/Classpath to their lower level
interpreters.

I am really stuck & can't proceed further. Can you help me out. is this
taken care in 2.4 or 3.0 or something?

Thanks a lot,
Jiger