jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <...@dulug.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Fwd: MODERATE for bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:38:19 GMT
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:16:51PM +0100, Igor Bukanov wrote:
> With the patch I was able to rebuild BSF OK, but I can try to do it one
> more time.

Thanks; when I tried your patch w/ the latest rhino cvs, it was
not working (is the API unsettled *again*)?

> The new API is a part of Rhino 1.5R4, which was released on 2003-02-12.
> The main difference is that now Rhino does not checks for breakpoints
> itself, instead it asks the debugger if it wants to monitor execution a
> particular function or not and if yes, the debugger will get control on
> each script line. Then debugger can check for breakpoints, for example,
> via itself via a bit array. In this way it is very easy to monitor
> execution of generated scripts or scripts loaded before the debugger was
> attached to Rhino.

Hmmm. I see that http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/download.html says
that 1.rR4 is available, but 1.5R3 is the last "qualified"
release.

Whatever that means. Perhaps they have yet to update that page
completely.