jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From zagiatakrapo...@gmx.ch
Subject Re: Polymorphism and BCEL
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:57:20 GMT
Thx Arrin for your reply.

It won't be easy, definitely! :)

Under some (conservative) assumptions the set of classfiles should be closed.
Class loading over urls, changing the classpath during runtime will be prohibited. I think,
I will force the user to give me the classpath as args argument to my instrumenting tool,
use it to find recursively all class files and build up the dependency graph out of the class
files. The first thing in the main() will be a check if the current classpath (the one the
user gives the JVM through -cp) is the same he provided to my tool.
This is an university project, therefore such conservative constraints at the beginning may
be acceptable. But I think you are perfectly right that a 100% correct solution for all class
and reinstrumenting of the code of course this  performance dramatically.

I will try to realize this stuff. I'm still wondering how other people deal with this stuff,
at least if you want to intercept some method calls you will have to deal with such issues.

thanks for your help

zagi