jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From hc...@cse.unl.edu
Subject identifying exception exits of methods
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 03:20:51 GMT
Hi,

   I'm currently using BCEL to identify the exit points of a method via
a return statement, and that has worked fine. What is missing now is
identifying exit points via exception (a throw statement in a catch
block)...does anyone have any experience doing this? I read about
exception handling code and it seems like one can identify the beginning
and end of the try block and the beginning of the catch block, but I
don't see how one can identify the end of a catch block (so that I can
iterate through instructions between the start of the catch block and
the end of the catch block to find a throw instruction). Any suggestions?

thanks,
Hui Nee