jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Brosius" <dbros...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing OBJECT names on which methods are called from within other methods
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 05:02:21 GMT
Without compiling with -g, you are out of luck if you expect to find local
variable names.
Since this is open source you are working on, it shouldn't be a problem,
just compile with -g.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Atam" <atamgp@gmail.com>
To: "BCEL Users List" <bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: Accessing OBJECT names on which methods are called from within
other methods

The problem is that the localvariabletable does not contain anything because
the code is not compiled with the debugging option.

What i want to do, is to write a tool, which gets as input java.class files
of an opensource project. It has to compute a UML sequence diagram for me.
In this diagram i need to tknow to which object the message was send.
Because it is different when a message is send to 2 distinct objects of the
same class.

My tool will further do some dynamic coupling analysis with the derived
data.

I will check how to use the stack ect and try to achiev this. If someone is
allready familiar with this plz gime me some hints,

Thanks to all of you guys in helping me

Atam