jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Huntwork <...@huntwork.net>
Subject Re: problem with local variable-please help me
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:33:04 GMT
sometimes the compiler (or other code generator) produces debugging info
like variable names (like when -g is specified), and sometimes it
doesn't.  When it doesn't, it would seem that bcel tells you bogus
names.  You can use javap to see what kind of debugging information is
included in a particular class.

basically, in a lot of cases, you'll just be out of luck if you want
local variable names.