jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From Erik Corry <e...@arbat.com>
Subject Re: Modification of java.lang.Object
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 12:56:51 GMT
On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 08:40:31AM -0400, David Hovemeyer wrote:
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 12:54:41AM +0200, Daniel Schregenberger wrote:
> > > There might also be some ways to solve your problem...
> >
> > Yeah, it looks as if I have to think of one :)
>
> You might want to consider using Jikes RVM instead of Sun's JVM:

What I'm doing is to put all the objects in a hash table.  That means
you can associate whatever info you want with them.  You have to
make sure that you use System.identityhashcode and the == operator,
you have to use weak references (unless you don't mind no garbage
collection occurring) and you have to be careful that your own
objects (eg the WeakReferences themselves) don't get put into the
system.

Apart from that it's quite simple.  :-)

--
Erik Corry