jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From Mark Breuer <asi...@heavy-metal.de>
Subject Re: Modification of java.lang.Object
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 23:44:31 GMT
Hi,

afaik java.lang.Object is something like another primitive type. I.e. in the
jvm there are value types and there is one reference type which is
java.lang.Object. As all other classes are derived from this one, variables
having a type of class xyz are also treated as references. That's the only
thing I do know which might create a need to bind this class tightly to the
jvm and cause trouble if you add references into java.lang.Object itself.
BTW: Why the hell should anybody have to modify this class? Would be very
interesting to know.
There might also be some ways to solve your problem...

Cya,

Mark