jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From Erik Corry <e...@arbat.com>
Subject Mysterious verification error
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:26:11 GMT
Hi

I am having a problem with a program similar to helloify
(I am hoping to use it to produce allocation and garbage
collection logs of running Java programs).

I have tried with both the 5.1 version and with the last
pre-Apache version.  The BCEL-produced class file passes
Justice verification, but fails verification by Sun with
this error message:

     Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: HelloWorld (Field "this" has illegal
signature "L<init>;")

The relevant files are available in
http://arbat.com/erik/verifiererror.tar.gz (5.9k)

Anyone recognise this error and what it means?

The problem only arises if I helloify the <init> method.

Yours,

--
Erik Corry         I'd be a Libertarian, if they weren't all a
erik@arbat.com     bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners.   - B. Breathed.