jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From Volker <b...@Trendsetter.de>
Subject Newer Class Construction Kit for Becel 5.1?
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2003 06:02:11 GMT
Hi,

under http://bcel.sourceforge.net/
I downloaded the "Class Construction Kit" - a tool for the visual
creation or modification of Java class files - several months ago.

That version ist still in Beta (1.0 Beta5) and although it really has a
nice GUI I think I cannot use it at the moment because simply changing
one byte in a class file loaded into "Class Construction Kit" and
storing it again results in a classfile you cannot use anymore. The code
does not run anymore.

So my question is: Does anyone know a visual construction kit
(disassembler AND assembler) for bcel with which I can modify classes
dynamically by entering the assembler commands and/or bytecodes?

Or does anyone of you know an application that provides such a
functionality - even without bcel?

Best regards

Volker