jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From "Irving, Dave" <Dave.Irv...@logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Where is BCELifier?
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:31:04 GMT
Please accept my apologies for the rubbish title to this message (I
accidentally forwarded on an old post...)

-----Original Message-----
From: Irving, Dave [mailto:Dave.Irving@logicacmg.com]
Sent: 19 March 2003 21:29
To: 'bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Where is BCELifier?

Hi every one, hope you can help...

Im writing a Mock Object generator with BCEL, and its going really well.
I've written a Java class which does a lot of what java.lang.reflect.Proxy
does (I.e, hands out to an InvocationHandler and checks returns / exceptions
etc for correct types).
Im using BCEL to generate a class which overrides all public methods and
replicates public constructors and forwards requests to this 'proxy' class.
I've got in to the swing of things using the InstructionFactory, and all is
going well....
Until....
"java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError" gets thrown when one of my methods
gets called.
Ive written the 'same' code outside of BCEL, and I dont get this.
The flow goes like this:

call ----> Mock Object ---> Passes thru to my proxy object  ---> passes
params to a java.lang.InvocationHandler

The problem comes when my proxy object (a normal, non BCEL java class)
invokes the 'invoke' method of the InvocationHandler interface.

Has anyone any ideas as to what this could be, or has anyone seen the
'IncompatibleClassChangeError' thing before with BCEL???

Many thanks,

Dave Irving

recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied,
disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an
attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It
 It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all
copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.