jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From David Hovemeyer <dav...@cs.umd.edu>
Subject Re: strange line of code in ObjectType constructor
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 23:33:46 GMT
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 11:12:27PM +0200, Peter Schneider wrote:
> BCEL is a bytecode editing package and the bytecode classname contain
> '/'.
> for example Object is refered as
> 	Ljava/lang/Object;
>
> Other mail:
> Class names always include the full qualified package.
> As long as we are talking about bytecode there is nothing ambigous about
> it.

OK, I think I understand now.  My main source of confusion was the
Javadoc comment for the ObjectType constructor:

  /**
   * @param class_name fully qualified class name, e.g. java.lang.String
   */
  public ObjectType(String class_name) {

It suggests that the class_name parameter is the class name in the
same form it would appear in the source code.  It would be nice if it
explicitly stated how inner classes were handled, e.g.:

 /**
  * @param class_name fully qualified class name, e.g. java.lang.String
  *    or java.util.Map$Entry
  */