jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From rreye...@attbi.com
Subject Re: wrapping native methods
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:43:23 GMT

>  Class scaning will not solve this problem :
>
>  Date now = new java.util.Date() ; // calls
System.currentTimeMillis();

The only reason it won't solve "that problem" is the same
thing I said before - You can't modify core Java classes
(legally). As long as all he wants to do is modify
non-core classes, "class scanning" will work in every
case - and can probably be written in less than a day.

On the other hand, it might just be easier to run a regex
parser across the code, depending upon what he's trying
to do and what his limitations are. (Does he have access
to the source code, etc...)

God bless,
-Toby Reyelts