jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Johnsson <johns...@crt.se>
Subject abstract syntax trees for class files?
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:00:51 GMT

Hi,

has anyone implemented some form of abstract syntax for class files,
on top of BCEL?  That is, some sort of AST for a class file, on higher
level ie closer to Java, than the instruction lists etc that the BCEL
provides?  What I'm after is to be able to *construct* from scratch a
class file given a description on the form of an AST, with statements
and expressions, rather than byte code instructions.

(I'm not primarily interested in loading/manipulate an existing class
files in this regard.)

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

Thanks in advance,
-- Thomas Johnsson