jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From "Abel Wang" <ab...@nvisionsoftware.net>
Subject Re: getting index to this
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 04:58:10 GMT
Hi BCEL users, thanks for all the help you guys have provided!

Ok, one last question:

I'm trying to get the index of the parameters in a specific method call.  Is
there any easy way to do this?

What I'm currently doing is I've parsed an object using ClassParser into a
JavaClass.  From there, I can get the Method object of a particular method
in that class.  I then parse the method name to get the names of the
parameters in the method's parameter list.  I then get the
LocalVariableTable from the Method object, going through all the variables
until I find the ones whose names match the variable names in the method
parameter list.  And from there, I can get the index.  However, I just ran
across a case where the method parameter list names do not match the names
in the LocalVariable table.  So, I guess my question is, what would be the
right way to do this?  Can I assume that position 0 in the
LocalVariableTable points to this, and 1 to N (N being the number of
parameters in the method) points to LocalVariable objects of the parameter
list?

Thanks!!!

--Abel