jakarta-bcel-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Hunter" <ihun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Method start & termination points
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:18:20 GMT
Are there convenient ways within BCel to identify points in methods where
users can safely insert code. My thoughts are that given a method, can I
identify things like all return statements, exception exits from the method
and possibly System.exit(). I also realise that in the case of <init> there
is some code which must be first (the new and the call to super()). There
may be other examples which I haven't come across.

A possible facility could be....

InstructionHandle MethodGen.getEntry();
InstructionHandle[] MethodGen.getExits();

Are there any other approaches which I could take?

Many Thanks
Ian Hunter