jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Sanders" <ssand...@nextance.com>
Subject RE: Why Antgump stopped and Vindico started?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:05:19 GMT
AntGump didn't have an object model, and I wanted to build one (my own
itch).  It was about the same time as Maven started, but Vindico was
intended to be more of a continuous build, like tinderbox at Mozilla.
My intent was that Vindico could actually replace Alexandria as this
documentation/build haven, but work pressure kind of cut me off at the
knees WRT to my jakarta work.  I do actually intend to get back to
Vindico, but I do not intend AntGump to live another day.

Perhaps even Vindico should die, since I intended it to be what
Forrest/Maven/Centipede is now.

Scott