jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Order of <work> vs <depend>
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:16:53 GMT
On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:

> it seem that the JDK doesn't take kindly to jars being modified
> while in use.

Too true.  But is it really necessary to change catalina.jar?  If so, does it
have to be on the CLASSPATH in the first place?

> Putting <work> dirs first provided a workaround.

I don't know enough about either Tomcat's or Axis' build process to
see whether it is a problem in Gump or just hints at a problem of the
build process as such.

Change the order back, if you think Gump is wrong (I'm not convinced,
though).

Stefan

BTW, could somebody please add a dependency on Xerces to the Gump
descriptor of jakarta-tomcat-jk and maybe even add a <nag> so that
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-07-16/jakarta-tomcat-jk.html>
would become visible?