jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: intermittent pb starting gump from ant ...
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:58:24 GMT
On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Vincent Massol <vmassol@octo.com> wrote:

> I am starting Gump with an Ant script on a linux platform. This
> means that I am using an Ant exec task to run gen.sh and then to
> call the generated update.sh and build.sh

I've tried to find out what exit code 143 could mean, but couldn't see
anything.  Take a look at Gump's build.xml - you will need Xalan2 -
and use the scripts target, that should do the trick.

> I seem to remember Sam's issue with Ant and classpaths that had to
> be present for paths that were generated by the Ant build
> process. Is there any link ?

I'm not aware of them.

What I can tell you is that I run build.sh with a completely empty
CLASSPATH and that I have to do that in order to get the real build
results (otherwise the jar in CLASSPATH would take precedence over the
freshly generated ones).

If you want to do the same from Ant - i.e. start with an empty
CLASSPATH, you should probably do something like

<exec ...>
  <env key="CLASSPATH" value="" />
</exec>

when running build.sh.  Or better