jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Martin <j...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: JXR - I'm back (Kinda)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:16:59 GMT
On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 22:59, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The author of JavaSrc http://javasrc.sourceforge.net/ has agreed to
> donate it to Apache Jakarta Alexandria.
>
> It uses a clever way of doing things in two passes to reduce memory usage.
>
> Take a look, I think that it can be a good replacement for JXR and the
> base for the new code.
>
> :-)

Had a very quick look at it and there's some interesting stuff in there.
The main thing I picked up on was the embedding of the symbol table
reading in the parser. This might allow me to generate SAX events
without having to produce the whole AST tree in memory as I am
currently.

Not looked at it all yet though.

Not too convinced yet about having to do multiple passes yet, was trying
to avoid that. If all goes to plan you should be able to generate xref
and javadoc at the same time with a single pass. (That's the theory ;-)

--
jeff martin
information technologist

mobile: 44 (0) 78 5547 8331