jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Found it
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 06:40:55 GMT
On Sun, 05 May 2002, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> Do you mean reproting the error to the dependency which introduce
> the problem? I wonder how feasible it would be and how many false
> positives it would generate.

I think you can only do it manually and after you've clearly
identified which component is responsible - Gump is already doing this
for a certain type of build failure in FOP (the second regexp):

    <nag from="Sam Ruby &lt;rubys@us.ibm.com&gt;">
      <regexp  to="fop-dev@xml.apache.org"/>
      <regexp pattern="/\[style\] .* java.lang.NullPointerException/"
              to="xalan-dev@xml.apache.org"/>
    </nag>

Maybe we should have done that for Latka after dIon clearly identified
it as a Xerces problem, but then again the problem was fixed shortly
thereafter.

Stefan