jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed change in profile/*.xml...
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:16:19 GMT
On 8/27/01 11:58 AM, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Jon Stevens wrote:
>>
>> How do you deprecate XML? :-)
>
> "Classic" Gump actually will continue to support both.  It just seems
> wrong.
>
> Of course, it appears that Jason will continue to push to force projects to
> conform to his idea of how the world should operate.  ;-)

You bet! I want to know how one build system works and that's it :-) If I
know one I know them all. Than I can easily navigate a new project, find
it's metrics, add it to a continuous build cycle, easily see all log entries
in a nice html format, or whatever else comes along with the system.

I think the variation comes in at the application level. That's where I feel
things are interesting. Build systems, common components and the use of the
like should be encouraged, and I am not averse to the occasional forceful
nudge ;-) For these common things it is in the best interest of projects to
use them, if exceptions are found than they can be rolled into the common
tool.

> - Sam Ruby

jvz.

Jason van Zyl