jakarta-alexandria-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [gump] normalizing project descriptors
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:57:57 GMT
Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com wrote:

> Build systems are awfully close to editors, in terms of holy wars.
> Although in the case of build systems, you can often eventually convert
> people if you can get them to 'see the light' of your system - once you
> show them in their project something that works better and is easier to
> maintain, they'll start using it.
>
> I like the proxy idea, I think; it lets either side control this stuff.  If
> someone can either 1) implement it for Xalan, or 2) write documentation
> that describes what to do, I'll make sure it is maintained for Xalan and
> xml-commons.  Is there a quick link to any jjar end-user doc available?

Docs?  Shirly, you jest...

:)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jjar/

Docs?  not really.  There are two examples which I think are pretty
good, and the README in the root explains fun command-line tricks...

geir

System and Software Consulting
Well done is better than well said - New England Proverb