jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From kevintv <kevintv...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create new Principal Object
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 20:52:50 GMT
Hello,

I'm a new developer trying to tackle the Jackrabbit/JCR library. My team and
I have been using the EveryonePrincipal for a couple of months now, but
we've been wanting to implement more capabilities per user roles/principals
so we can grant them necessary read/write access to each node. However,
we're having some difficulties figuring out how to create a new Principal
object.

I've been using:

PrincipalImpl newPrincipal = new PrincipalImpl("MyPrincipal");

Then creating a new RolePrincipal class matching the EveryonePrincipal,
except the name would be "MyPrincipal" inside the RolePrincipal class. This
method doesn't work unfortunately. Is there anything else we're missing from
this? And how does the 'everyone' principal gets stored?

--
Sent from: http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/Jackrabbit-Users-f510167.html