jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Roy Teeuwen <...@teeuwen.be>
Subject Re: Finding out the diskspace used of specific nodes
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 21:06:29 GMT
Hey Michael,

Thanks for the info!  I will have a look if I can still run the script on an oak 1.6.6, who
knows :).
Can you tell me what the difference would be in making a groovy script and running it in oak-run?
Are there things you can't do in there that you can in the scala ammonite shell you use?

Greets,
Roy

> On 5 Mar 2018, at 13:59, Michael Dürig <michid@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately there is no good tooling at this point in time.
>
> In the past I hacked something together, which might serve as a
> starting point: https://github.com/mduerig/script-oak. This tooling
> allows you to fire arbitrary queries at the segment store from the
> Ammonite shell (a Scala REPL). Since this relies of a lot of
> implementation details that keep changing the tooling is usually out
> of sync with Oak. There is plans to improve this (see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-6584), but so far not much
> commitment in making his happen. Patches welcome though!
>
> Michael
>
> On 4 March 2018 at 15:22, Roy Teeuwen <roy@teeuwen.be> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I am using Oak 1.6.6 with an authoring system and a few publish systems. We are using
the latest TarMK that is available on the 1.6.6 branch and also using the separate file datastore
instead of embedded in the segment store.

>> What I have noticed so far is that the segment store of the author is 16GB with 165GB
datastore while the publishes are 1.5GB with only 50GB datastore. I would like to investigate
where the big difference is between those two systems, seeing as all the content nodes are
as good as all published. The offline compaction happens daily so that can't be the problem,
also the online compaction is enabled. Are there any tools / methods available to list out
what the disk usage is of every node? This being both in the segmentstore and the related
datastore files? I can make wild guesses as to it being for example sling event / job nodes
and stuff like that but I would like some real numbers.