jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ioan Eugen Stan <ieu...@netdava.com>
Subject JCR/Oak remote API using GRPC?
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:44:26 GMT
Hello,

I wish to explore with the list the possibility of having an
implementation for JCR/Oak API based on GRPC (or another similar RPC
framework with lots of client bindings like FlatBuffers, etc).

From my point of view, the main benefits of having such an
implementation are that clients from a lot of languages can easily
interact with the JCR repository remotely. I think the initial
implementation should just wrap the current Java API.

Having this feature would allow a plethora of languages to consume a JCR
repository as an SQL database.

Again, this proposal is meant to be a mental exercise.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about this,

Eugen.

Regards,