jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Index rebuild necessary? / Jackrabbit Update
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:22:18 GMT
On 2017-07-18 13:29, ZeroCool86@web.de wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we have a scenario with an old Jackrabbit Version 2.2.5
>
> Is it necessary to rebuild all the Lucene Indexes if we would like to upgrade to an up
to date Version (at the moment 2.15.4) due the different Lucene Upgrades?

Can't help you with the indexing question but please note 2.15.4 is a
release from an unstable branch, so you should consider the latest 2.14
version.

> Is there a best practise / checklist for upgrading the Jackrabbit Version in view of
existing Contents / Structures? Do we have to do some kind of data changes / preprocessing
for the Upgrade Process?

> We have different Workspaces and some other restrictions (nodenames > 150 Chars..),
so it is not so easy to upgrade to OAK.

Long node names are not a problem in Oak.

Best regards, Julian