jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Nizhawan <nitin.nizha...@gmail.com>
Subject Vault API to import ACL with mergePreserve/merge acHandling
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:00:53 GMT
Hi all,

We are using JcrPackageManager[0] interface to import packages containing
content as well as ACLs (rep:policy). We also specify different acHandling
(merge, mergePreserve etc.) for different use cases.

Now we want to import just ACLs on a given node prgramatically. Since, this
node may already have some ACLs so we need ACL merge strategies similar to
merge/mergePreserve/overwrite.

One way would be to build a package with specified ACLs and path and then
use JcrPackageManager but this approach has too many side effects and a lot
of overhead.

Other approach would be copy code from [1] but we would like avoid any such
code duplication.

Is there an API in filevault which would allow us to reuse logic in [1]
with minimal overhead?

[0]
https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-filevault/blob/trunk/vault-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/vault/packaging/JcrPackageManager.java

[1]