jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From hsp <piccina...@hotmail.com>
Subject Use FileDataStore with NFS SAN (NAS)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:55:59 GMT
Hi,

We use persistence with DataStore using a path that maps to a remote NAS,
using NFS.
With the default configuration in
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore it was causing too much delay
to upload the files from server to the NAS.
To workaround this we implemented a option in FileDataStore that uses
java.nio.Channels.FileChannel and performs better than the default way, over
a version 2.10.0.
Would be better (less error prone for us) if this implementation could be
part of the api build.
The configuration in repository.xml would be added with a parameter in
DataStore element:

    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore">

    </DataStore>

In our code, the parameter REMOTEPERSISTENCEBYNFS is hardcoded so far...
Our environment server is with:
 linux SUSE SLES 11 sp3, kernel "3.0.101-0.15-default"
4.2.3.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_3_GA date=200807181440) (eager to upgrade
to Java 8 and wildFLy10 as soon as possible, probably next year)
JVM:	1.6.0_27

I would be glad if you can suggest ideas or better approach to solve this
"neck" in the process to save a file.

We are waiting for version 2.14 of jackrabbit, hoping not to have to
generate a parallel version of it, ;-).

The file is attached, sorry by not make only a diff file.

Best Regards,
Helio. FileDataStore.java
<http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/file/n4665414/FileDataStore.java>