jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <resc...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Plan for disruptive changes to Jackrabbit WebDAV library
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:13:29 GMT
Hi there,

context: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2406>

(<http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/>), which as been end-of-lifed
quite some time ago.

This will affect our public API, which extends classes from it.

The current plan is to add a new set of APIs (probably based on
HttpClient 4.5.x) in the next stable Jackrabbit release 2.14, planned to
be released in Spring 2017. At that point, we'll also deprecate the old
classes.

Later on, we would *remove* the httpclient 3.x dependency and the old
classes -- the plan would be to do that in the subsequent stable
release: Jackrabbit 2.16, which could come out in Spring 2018.

At that point, users of the old API can:

- either continue using Jackrabbit 2.14.*, or

- update their own code to work with Jackrabbit 2.16.*.

Feedback appreciated -- either here, or in
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2406>.

Best regards, Julian