jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jcr 2.0 spec url
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:25:12 GMT
Hi Clay,

On Thu, 2016-08-25 at 16:06 -0500, Clay Ferguson wrote:
> that url works for me. However it's such a shame the spec hasn't been
> updated since 2009. The whole world thinks the JCR is dead, but
> mailny
> because they never heard of it in the first place. It's tempting to
> just
> ditch JCR and code directly against MongoDB+Lucene. I mean it's been
> since
> 2009 and still you ask most java devs if they've ever heard of JCR
> and the
> answer is no. So sad that the technology is dying such a slow painful
> death.

My answer is non-authoritative, since I haven't been involved with the
JCR spec at all.

That being said, there is _a lot_ of activity going on in the
implementation space, and I think that Oak has found many good avenues
for innovation without needing to touch the JCR API.

So I don't think that the statement about the technology ( JCR I assume
) is dying is correct. However, we could definitely make more noise
about JCR/Oak and their benefits.

Thanks,

Robert