jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Clay Ferguson <wcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow Index Init on server startup
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 09:12:56 GMT
Just some ideas:

1) are you sure you're "gracefully" terminating the app always? For
performance Lucene/JCR etc. does a lot of stuff lazily so you want to make
sure you don't just kill the process. For example, I *think* i'm doing a
proper shutdown in the close() method here:
https://github.com/Clay-Ferguson/meta64/blob/master/src/main/java/com/meta64/mobile/repo/OakRepository.java

If you don't shutdown in a proper way I think the DB will have to go thru a
lot of checking and recovery next time it starts.

2) Go into your logger config and set level to TRACE for maximum logging in
jackrabbit packages

3) You could create a copy of the DB to experiment with and start removing
indexes one at a time, to see which one has the big impact on startup in
case it's related to a specific index.

4) Remember your backing DB (MySQL or Mongo, etc) may also have logging
configs of it's own you can turn on to get more details what's happening.

Best regards,
Clay Ferguson
wclayf@gmail.com