jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Jackrabbit web site
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 17:26:31 GMT
A few suggestions.

1) On the Welcome page explain what the difference is between Jackrabbit
and Jackrabbit Oak.

2) In the FAQ answer "when do I use Jackrabbit Oak instead of Jackrabbit?"

3) Either update the Jackrabbit History or get rid of it. To suggest
that nothing has happened since 2011 is self-defeating.

4) On "Getting Started" explain that this applies to both Jackrabbit and
Jackrabbit Oak (if it does).

5) Jackrabbit Components - does this list apply to both Jackrabbit and
Jackrabbit Oak.

The current state of 2 products with no explanation of how they differ
is puzzling.

What the #@$% is a "complementary implementation"  -- opposite of an
"uncomplementary implementation"?
Should I be using both at once to see how they complement each other?

I have been using Jackrabbit for 3 years and I am still not sure if I
should switch to Jackrabbit Oak and the web site is no help in making
this decision and gives no comfort that I am using the best version of
Jackrabbit for my needs and Jackrabbit Oak is not better for my use case.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President