jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Clay Ferguson <wcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node Retrieval Performance
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2015 18:37:38 GMT
Sorry Ron,
You have it precisely backwards. In RDBMS modeling you focus on the
organization of the data and relationships of the data, and never break
stuff up to "help" the DB loading. For example, once you see the need for a
PERSONS table, you generally have just *one* PERSONS table even if you have
millions of people. In an RDBMS you never find yourself searching for
patterns in the data just so you can break stuff up to help provide a
crutch for the DB engine. DB indexes are all that are required to solve
scalability. NEVER breaking up data.
-Clay