jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Giorgini <alessi...@pico.it>
Subject [OAK 1.0.12] Too much hard disk consumption
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 07:30:19 GMT
Hi all, first message here.

I'm using Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.12-r1664332 (inside AEM6). Hope this is
the right mailing list, i didn't find a user mailing list for Oak.

My application stores XML files and PDF files which, after some times, are
deleted from repository. The problem seems to be that the hard disk space
occupied by these files is never released. I try to use oak run tool with
the compact command, but after 3 hours of processing I've to stop this
without any result. Also, if i use the option to keep the files in native
memory when running oak run tool (otherwise it always said Java Heap Space)
I see a lot of RAM consumption and the machine is very very slow.

Now the repository is something like 190 GB even if i deleted (using curl)
a lot of PDF files.

Is there something you can suggest to do in order to free hard disk space?

Thanks,
Alessio