jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject RE: Should I use JackRabbit?
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:18:23 GMT
Thank you for the honest answer, Bertrand.

I'll stick with my current architecture.

 - Chris Harris

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 4:44 AM
To: users
Subject: Re: Should I use JackRabbit?

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Harris, Christopher P <chris_harris@baxter.com> wrote:

> ...I'm currently storing my data in a Map and using Lucene to index
> the data as a POC.  As you can imagine, the data returned by my JAX-RS resource is lightning
fast..

> ...Every time I need to refresh the employee hierarchy, I will need to
> read the entire employee hierarchy from MySites again....

As much as I'm an advocate of JCR, your current architecture looks perfect to me.

I would just persist the Map in any appropriate serialized form so that restarts are reasonably
fast (the Lucene index will be available immediately on restart anyway)  and to refresh build
a new Map + index in the background and switch atomically to that new version.

Or maybe index all fields so that the Lucene index becomes your live data.

Considering that you only need to replace the whole thing in one go, and that your application
is read-only IIUC, I don't think JCR would bring much, and that would add a lot of moving
parts that you probably don't need.

-Bertrand