jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From crm6360 <crm6...@hotmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit subscription event bundles never cleared
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2015 00:36:12 GMT
I have an event listener subscribed to receive change events from a
jackrabbit 2.6.5 webapp repository.   Memory analysis indicates that the
event bundles are retained by the Subscription
(org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.observation.SubscriptionImpl) and over
time and this creates a substantial memory leak in the tomcat container that
is hosting jackrabbit.  I'm not doing anything fancy - the event listener
(client) receives the events but the array list containing the event bundles
never stops growing.  SubscriptionImpl.java never clears the event bundle
list and there is no apparent way for the client to do this.   Below is a
capture of the memory profile indicating the leak:

<http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/file/n4662305/EMAT.png>

Conceptually I don't understand why there is even a need to retain the event
bundles in an array if they are just being distributed to any subscribers.

Thanks for any clarification and suggestions on how to proceed.

-Chris M