jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From connuser1 connuser1 <connus...@gmail.com>
Subject Resource Type for custom resource provider
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 12:32:04 GMT
Hi

I am writing a custom resource provider by implementing
the ResourceProviderFactory interface. Currently I have sets its 'Resource
Type' to a path which maps to my custom servlet for rendering this
resource. This is working perfectly but I am not really sure if this is the
right way to do it.

Should I be writing my own servlet for rendering the resource or should I
use the sling default GET servlet?

I tried setting the resource type to sling/servlet/default but when I make
a GET request to the resource using the json extension, I just get the
{"sling:resourceType":"sling/servlet/default"} in response and nothing
else. I was expecting to see the resource metadata that I have set on this
resource. Please guide.

Thanks