jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tino Rink <tino.r...@gmail.com>
Subject How delete binary nodes immediately also on filesystem?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:41:29 GMT
Hallo Everyone

We would like to use Jackrabbit in our current project. One of our
requirements is to store many documents and some with private or secure
nature. If a user request the deletion of such a sensitive document, it
should happend immediately - even from the filesystem.

After reading the documentation (
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore#Data_Store_Garbage_Collection)
it seem there only one way:
1. deleting the node including binary data property
2. run the GC

Questons:
- Is there another / direkt way to delete the binary content from fs?
- How 'fast' is the GC when talking about GB till TB of Data?
- Could the GC-Run be resticted / advised to analyse and process only a
subset of nodes (maybe only one)?

Thanks and best regards,
Tino