jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tarek Jarraya <tarekjarr...@gmail.com>
Subject java good practices to interact with standalone Jackrabbit
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:12:25 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Jackrabbit 2.8 with standalone deployment. I interact with it
from java web application based on spring 3, running in tomcat 7 in the
same machine. In my design I use DAO (singleton) to interact with
repository.

What is the good practices to interact with:
1) do I have to initiate a session in each method and close or save it at
the end? Or one session will be enough during application runtime?
2) currently I use rmi protocol. is it the good choice?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tarek