jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access a standalone Oak Server from a webapp?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:42:31 GMT
Hi Christian,

Currently Oak does not have feature parity with Jackrabbit wrt usecase
where embedding is required. You have couple of options

1. Construct the Oak Jcr as being done in various testcases or documented at [1]
2. Use the oak-pojosr module [2] - It makes use of inbuilt OSGi
support and some Felix bundles to construct repository in a non OSGi
env.

As of now #2 works fine and we use it for couple of integration test
cases also. Just that it involves packaging of some extra jars

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/construct.html
[2] https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/oak-pojosr